The story of Peggie.
Peggie had an alcohol allergy problem and attended AA meetings. Her cute little Maltese terrier Barney also went along to the meetings with her. Barney sat on her friend Terry’s lap when he chaired the meeting and Barney caused no problem, he simply slept on his lap.
The nasty spiritualists and Step workers however got together and tried to ban Barney by putting a sign up saying ‘No Dogs Allowed’ Barney couldn’t read and they didn’t know who they were dealing with when they tried that with Terry. He soon let them know in no uncertain terms where the sign belonged and that “Barney was stayin”
Peggie and her husband were successful business people and lived comfortably. Money was no object, never a problem, but Peggie’s drinking due to her alcohol allergy was a problem for them both. She tried so hard to stop and out of desperation in 2014 she booked into another Detox Centre for treatment.
Detox and Rehab Centre
The Centre was the most expensive to date. At a cost of $5,000 per day Peggie stayed there for a month. She thought nothing of paying this kind of money. Peggie had been in and out of Detox Centres many times over the years. When they released her this time she had a certificate to say she would never drink again.
Unfortunately she got drunk that night. This result is expected by the OSM of AA. That’s because she may have been a month without alcohol but was not a month sober. She had not lived a month in society as a sober person. Due to being institutionalized in the Detox Centre. These facts is what is not known and they don’t want it known. That they don’t show results.
Peggie’s husband Max didn’t drink at all. For a start he didn’t like the taste or smell. Peggie often slept on Terry’s lounge rather then go home tipsy, her and Barney. She would put Barney up at the peephole to ensure Terry let them in. She sometimes knocked late at night but she knew Terry loved Barney and so couldn’t resist. Her hubby was very tolerant of her problem and stood by Peggy through thick and thin. He was such a lovely man. Peggie just couldn’t stay stopped from the alcohol for any length of time.
No Sobriety in Meetings
The meetings were not strong enough for her. They used to say in meetings in the old days, “Stick With The Strength” There’s no strength in meetings anymore mainly due to Detox Centres and due to god. “Get god and get drunk” was also said in AA meetings in the old days.
Peggie still though was a beautiful women despite her problem. Being around 60 years of age she certainly didn’t look her age. She always dressed stylish and looked so beautifully groomed. She however was still a chain smoker. That didn’t stop her being likeable. She a softly spoken, charming and very intelligent lady. Terry supported her at the meetings and it was needed and appreciated. Due to his support she was able to get around 3 years sobriety up at one time, and for the first time in her life.
Terry lost contact with her for a while after that and he heard one day that she had died from a massive heart attack.
Alcohol Allergy and a Seizure is Dangerous
The cause of death is often wrongly stated on a death certificate as heart attack. Often it’s an alcoholic seizure. The two conditions have similar symptoms and an alcohol induced seizure can be mistaken for heart attack. In AA meetings it’s common to see people have seizures.
Amy Winehouse, is an example of someone who died early due to an alcoholic seizure. She was only 24 when she died of a seizure. Such a shame she had a unique blues voice and destined for stardom. Alas, alcohol cut her life short and she didn’t even reach the 27Club member age. She died even younger then the many musicians who died at aged 27.
As Keith from the Summer Hill AA group would say, “It’s not how old you are that matters, it’s how long you’re gonna live” So true, alcohol allergy kills many young people a year. At around about 30 they’re washed up if they’re still drinking.
Statistics are hidden on that although and true causes of many early deaths attributed to alcohol are never known. AA members are in a unique position to see the true facts on why victim of alcohol die, commit suicide, have seizures mistaken for heart attacks, are wrongly diagnosed by doctors with mental problems and wrongly put on psych medication. All this as a direct result of problems with alcohol.